Our preschool encourages independence and freedom of choice and provides an environment where children develop responsibility for their learning. We acknowledge the important role of physical activity and provide an extensive and multi-faceted outdoor environment.
The curriculum is designed to help children with personal development as they grow from childhood to maturity. The application of the Montessori method is based on human tendencies – to explore, move, share with a group, to be independent and make decisions, create order, and develop self control. Children are learning and discovering through activities of personal interest in a calm, respectful and peaceful environment.
We provide an environment where:
- The health and wellbeing of each child is protected and nutured
- Children and their families have a sense of belonging
- Opportunities for learning are equitable and each childs contribution is valued
- Languages and symbols of their own and other cultures are promoted and protected
- Each child is free to learn through active exploration
Dr Maria Montessori
Dr Montessori died in Holland in 1957 and has left us all with a wonderful legacy that we continue to pass on to future generations.